Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31st

The day has finally come!!!  I have the adoption decree in hand, the paperwork for the American Embassy in hand AND Micah's little passport.  Tomorrow morning, first thing, I will be at the baby home getting dressed in her little outfit that Mammother has given her and I will carry her out of there for good!  Then we will come back to the flat, get a bath (usually only gets one once every two week so she is due,) hopefully take a nap, have some lunch and then head to the train station to go to Moscow. 

It's a bitter sweet ending here in Glazov.  Today was Natasha's birthday and she had her closest friends and their families, as well as her own, out to BBQ on the outskirts of town.  It was not only a celebration of her life but also a congratulations party for me.  They are such wonderful people.  I wish we Americans would celebrate one's birthday as they do in the Russian culture. It was just amazing.  I videoed part of the party so others could hopefully get a glimpse into their traditions.  I had  fantastic time!  And hopefully I can begin to incorporate some of these traditions in our family that Micah and I are starting. 

I am sorry this is a short blog but I am EXHAUSTED and I am dying of allergies here.  There are SO many dandelions that have now turned into white puff balls.  It truly looks like snow flurries but it's dandelions seeds!  I can't breath out of my nose....so I am welcoming the city of Moscow and all it's concrete!  =)   LOL  I will miss our little town of Glazov, Natasha, her friends and now our friends, Helena, Alexander, Nina, and Tatiana (and of course their families), Natasha's sister and brother-in-law and their most precious baby girl, the baby home nurses and doctors who have welcomed us and made us feel right at home with Micah Sveta-Lee and our little flat.  It has been a home away from home.  Tomorrow will bring the beginning of a new chapter of my life....I can't wait to see how the story develops! 

Micah's Russian Passport.
 The adoption decree (in Russian of course.)
Little Miss Thang at her first birthday party!  Cookies, presents, bubbles & balloons (which she has tied around her wrist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment