Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21st

My days are becoming a bit boring to read about.  But I did discover, reading through past posts, that I should possibly proof read for mistakes before posting...but then again, where's the fun in that.  =)  I got up early again and headed to the orphanage. Today was the first day without Natasha to interpret everything and take me around town.  I SURVIVED!  =)  It was actually a pleasant walk to the orphanage.  The baby home is closed on the weekends so we had to figure out which gate to go into and that sort of thing.  The nurses all know us by now and so we didn't have any problems getting to little Micah's room.  All the babies were playing in the carpet area of the room that is blocked off with a crib railing on the floor.  I went to the railing and looked behind the crib to find Micah.  She turned and as soon as she saw me got a great big smile and toddled along the crib to get to me.  I missed her! I didn't get to see her on Friday but we picked up right where we left off.

She is so good to play with the others, by herself, with me, with the nurses, with my parents, at the table, in the crib, on the floor....she is very easy going as far as that goes.  But as you look around the baby home and all those little ones playing you realize they are pretty conditioned that way.  They have a very strict schedule.  All of the babies have such a special bond with each other.  It's so very sweet and also hard to think about how much they will miss Micah.  She is the ring leader of the room.  They all look to her and follow her. 

I went shopping for her birthday gifts again today.  I still have a few things on my list to get her.  They are gifts for when she is older.  The younger gifts were very easy to get for her.  The older birthday gifts are more difficult.  It's hard to predict what she may or may not like.  I hope this becomes such a treasured tradition that she won't be as picky as I am being in purchasing just the right gift.  =) 

Micah is becoming more and more affectionate as time goes.  She is learning about hugs, kisses, snuggles, tummy strawberries, etc.  Today I taught her how to "eskimo kiss" and she loves it.  She is so sweet.  She will just put her forehead on mine and just shake her head.  The general idea is there.  =)  We will fine tune it as time goes on.  Every day she grows in some way shape or form.  I look forward to each day and what bright new light she will bring to my life that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment