Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24th

Another routine day in Glazov.  My sweet baby girl gets so excited when she sees me in the morning.  She is normally in the part of the room where the babies are blocked off on a carpet for play time.  I usually just sneak up (though the nurses are all saying, "Sveta....Mama...Sveta."  The dots are all the Russian words I can't understand.)  =)  Micah was so sweet this afternoon when she woke up from her nap.  The nurse actually got her up (which happens to the babies most of the time to keep them on a strict schedule) and so she was a little droggy coming out of the sleep room.  She came right to me and rubbed her eyes and just snuzzled into me for a bit.  She is normally so active that she won't sit still long enough to snuggle at all. 

Lunch was the same as every other day, some kind of soup with a side of potatoes and ground chicken....yes, ground chicken, don't ask.  Then all of the little ones were lined up on the training potties for potty time.  SO CUTE!!!  They just sit there and clap, talk and take care of business.  Just another part of their day.  Micah was in a particularly good mood today and we spent a LONG time outside, first strolling and then she explored the play area.  Now that she is walking she is able to explore a bit.  She loves flowers...maybe a little too much.  She was too quick for us and she picked a tulip when she wasn't supposed to.  My mom hid it in my jacket pocket when we went inside. 

Her new trick of the day:  Micah discovered that she could put the toys in the sink and they don't fall on the floor.  The sink is just high enough for her to reach up and pull up on.  So she reaches her hand over with the toy, drops it and proceeds to pull up to see her handy work.  She is also starting to clap and stack her rings on her stacking toy very well.  She loves books.  Today they had a book that they were all looking at.  When Micah got fussy I put her in my lap and started to read (what I thought the book was saying) and all of a sudden I had three little boys climbing all over me too.  I hope wonderful families find these three precious boys.  They are so bright, sweet, loving and handsome little boys. 

I received permission from Tatiana, the director of the orphanage, to hold a birthday party for Micah tomorrow in her room.  =)  The nurses, and all other adults present, will partake in cake while the babies will have cookies.  =)  There will be balloons, bubbles, a few presents (which will stay in the orphanage) and little Micah in a birthday bib!!!  It may not be the 1st birthday that every parent dreams of for their child but I am so excited and thrilled to be able to spend this day with her and those that have cared and loved for her the first year of her life!  Tomorrow will be another great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment