Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19th

Well, my days are pretty scheduled.  8am-10am is spent at the baby home with Micah.  Then she goes down for her nap to Natasha takes us to run errands or just have tea with her co-workers.  She is our interpreter but her day to day job is an insurance agent.  Today we needed to print some pictures for court tomorrow so we did that then we went and had tea.  It is really a wonderful time to sit and chat with them about our lives and what we have in common and what we don't.  I think we almost have them convinced to take a trip to Texas.  They are Helen, Alexandra, Nina and, of course, Natasha.  Now those names look simple to say but in Russian they are a bit tricky. 
Then at 11:40am we head back to the orphanage for lunch with Micah and play time.  This is when we go for a walk around the orphanage and play in the play areas outside.  Sometimes she enjoys it more than others.  We stay there until I put her down for her nap at 3pm.  They don't let her go down early...they are very strict with their schedules.  Today was tough on her because she was SO tired but they just keep them up until it's time for nap. 
At this point we run any last errands on the way back to the flat and we are in for the day.  So far we have had to make a trip to the market every day. The first day I went with my Dad but now he just goes by himself.  We cook in, which is nice.  First two nights we had homemade chicken soup and tonight we made homemade fried chicken.  Helen brought us fresh vegetables from her garden which were delicious.  She said not to buy any more vegetables and that she and Alexandra would provide. 
We read, watch sports and of course I blog, journal and mess with pictures while we are in each night.  Everyone keeps asking about pictures.  I can't post anything until she is officially mine.  I go to court tomorrow morning at 10am which will be 1am central US time!  As soon as she is in my custody full time I will post all sorts of pictures!  There is a 10 day waiting period before I can take her from the orphanage.  I know I know...so many hoops. 
Thank you to all those that are following.  I hope to be bringing good reports from court tomorrow!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment