Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22nd

Today was warm and sunny here in Glazov.  Not much is happening at 8am on a Sunday around here.  The mornings are the very best times with Micah.  She is so happy and playful.  As the day goes on she doesn't quite get everything she needs.  For instance, she could probably sleep a bit longer for her nap, eat a bit more at meal times and snack times and spend a bit more time outside.  But overall she is in a wonderful environment. 

Micah discovered a new trick she could do.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, she loves to do full blown pull ups on tables and such.  Well, she has discovered if she can put her feet on some kind of leveraging devise under the table she can lean back and almost flip herself over.  That's her favorite trick at the moment.  It's funny how I had chosen her room decor far before I even knew who she was and she fits right with with her monkeys and other safari animals! 

It's hard to believe it has almost been a week since I arrived here in Glazov.  And it's even harder to believe it will be another week and 1/2 before I will be leaving for Moscow.  Sigh....that's a long time.  I am ready to take Micah home, introduce her to her room, her dogs, her house, her toys, her family, her friends, her new world!!  It's also rough having to share her with EVERYONE...my parents (who are obviously very proud grandparents), the nurses, the doctors, the other children....I am ready to be a selfish Mommy!  =)  I was thinking today, as I was watching her play on the floor, most parents know each and every detail about their child when they are Micah's age and here I am just learning her wants and needs and getting to know every little sound and part of her personality.  It's amazing how much I have already learned in the short amount of time that I have been able to spend with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment