Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28th

Nothing like writing an entire blog and then your computer freezing....ugh!  So it's been a couple of days.  Thursday evening Natasha brought over three of her English pupils (9th & 10th form/grade) for their final lesson of the school year.  They were a little shy at first but soon opened up.  They were very sweet and curious about the Americans and excited to mess us.  My dad stayed in the kitchen while my mom and I played host to the students.  We had chai/tea and sweets ready, which is how the Russian culture greet their guests.  We all enjoyed sweets and chai. 

Yesterday I went to buy the train tickets to Moscow.  It brought to reality that the last leg of my journey here in Russia is almost here.  We will be getting to Moscow a day earlier than originally planned but it still works out alright.  Tomorrow will really be the last day to shop, go see the village and do any other "touristy" things we would like.  Monday there is a possibility that Natasha and her brother-in-law will take us site-seeing in Izhevsk for the day since every time I have been there it has just been to do adoption business.  Then on Tuesday a driver and I will head BACK to Izhevsk to finalize all of the documents at the courthouse and sit and wait for Micah's Russian passport.  Hopefully all will go just fine and I will be back in Glazov that same evening.  Then on Wednesday morning I will go first thing in the morning to the baby home to get all of Micah's records and have the director release custody to me. From there Micah will either walk out or I will carry her out of there. =)  I haven't decided which one.  That same day we will all board the train to Moscow.  PLEASE keep us all in your thoughts and prayers...poor bitty will have to be on a 16 hour train ride to Moscow.  Welcome to the real world! 

Tomorrow they are letting us bring some Gerber baby food and fruit to see how Micah will take to it.  She will be needing to take formula for a while just to catch her up on nutrients, calcium and such as well but we won't test that until the train ride.  Lots of transition in such a short amount of time.  She had a small outing on Thursday to get her passport  and visa pictures taken and she did wonderful.  As long as I was holding her she was fine.

So her new trick of the day...  She has discovered that if I have her hands she can climb her way up to me and I always wear a belt so when she gets to my belt she stands up and gives me a hug.  Well, today she discovered that if she climbs about to my thighs she can lean back and hang upside down. THEN after a few times of that she discovered she could flip herself over.  Little miss thang shouldn't be doing that at 1 year but it sure was cute.  Not sure how much I will let her do it in the future.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment