Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15th

"How is motherhood?"

I can't tell you how many times I get asked that a day.  I guess it is common for new Moms...I don't know.  BUT I have had lots of time to think about my response and there are moments throughout the day that just light my heart up.  So for all of those that are wondering the answer to that question here it is:

What I love about motherhood:
1.  Waking up to a beautiful smile and two arms reaching to be held
2.  The snuggles as she wakes from her naps
3.  The random "Ba"s that explode out of her mouth
4.  Little socks that trickle out of the laundry basket
5.  The smell of freshly bathed Micah
6.  Watching her figure out her puzzles and toys
7.  Watching her toddle and explore every place she goes
8.  Seeing her many expressions throughout the day
9.  Bathtime
10.  Seeing her get so excited right before I let go of the swing at the park
11.  Looking over my shoulder in the car and see her give me a great big smile accompanied with a chuckle
12.  Her excitement after she has gone poopie in the potty
13.  Her little cheeks as they bulge out when she drinks from her bottle
14.  How she holds the sides of the book with me when we read
15.  How she just looks at me when we rock and sing before nap and bedtime
16.  Her love for "Pat-a-Cake"
17.  How she sways to music
18.  Her intensity in everything she does
19.  When she talks with the dogs through the backdoor
20.  Her bright eyes and adorable dimples

.....  The list could truly go on for pages and pages.

Little Micah has brought such a peace to my world.  I am sure that as time goes on I will be calling friends to baby-sit so I can go see a movie but for now "Life is Good."

As I watch her play it still blows my mind that she is finally here.  I have been praying for her before she was even born.  I fell in love with her before I even knew who she was.  As the last sentence in one of Micah's favorite books, "How I Love you," says  - - "I love everything you are and everything you will be."

No comments:

Post a Comment